- Nprn: 9001
- Cadw Ref: 84/A/138(3
- Cadw Record No: 11685
- Summary: Brynhyfryd Baptist Chapel was built in 1881 in the Gothic style of the gable-entry type with flanking towers. The stone built chapel was designed by the architectural practice Taylor and Bath of Swansea and has two storeys, gothic stained glass windows and flanking towers. There is a school room and vestry at the rear. Brynhyfryd is now Grade 2 Listed.
RCAHMW, May 2010
- Description: Chapel built 1881 in Gothic style (cost £2500), gable entry type with flanking towers. Status (1987): in chapel use.
Estimated c.1900, Gothic style, 2-storey, stone-built church of gable-end-entry, vestibule & stair-tower plan. Minister's/ Deacon's room in lean-too at rear with attached gable-end school room/vestry roofed at right-angles.
Main façade with flanking towers is divided by angle buttresses into 3-bays, containing 2-centred windows, with large 5-light geometric tracery window over entry & flanking 2-light cinquefoil heads over paired lancets. Gabled doorcase supported on columns with double doorway entrance with tympanum. Right tower has corbelled belfry with 2-light louvres, parapet & pinnacles. Left tower has blind arcade to eaves, truncated pyramid roof with iron cresting.
Side elevation of 5-bays is divided by angle-buttresses has 2-centered tall-windows with gallery panel except first tower bay with entry & window over, similar to front façade, but with only 1 doorway.
- Additions & Alterations: 1882 Source:RCCEORBWM
- Built: c.1900 Source:Cadw
- Built: 1881 Source:RCCEORBWM
- Not On Os Map: 1884 Source:Cadw
- Date Of Chapel: 1881 Source:
- : 1881 Source:
- £ 3322: 1905 (RCCEORBWM)
- 250: 1905 Accomodation (RCCEORBWM)
- 832: 1905 Sittings (RCCEORBWM)
- Chapel: 30/03/1987 (Cadw)
- Chapel: 01/2011 (RCAHMW)
- Welsh: ()
- Welsh: 1905 (RCCEORBWM)
- Monument Type: CHAPEL
- Form: Building
- Storey: Two storey
- Style: Gothic
- Gallery: On three sides
- Plan: Gable Entry
- Pulpit Position: Rear wall
- Window Glazing: Stained glass
- Windows: Gothic
Key Details of this Chapel
Key Dates of this Chapel
Costs during this Chapels History
Capacities during this Chapels History
Changes of Status its History
The Languages of the Chapel during its History
Key Characteristics of this Chapel
Images from Coflein
- Grid Reference: SS65589550
- Address: BRYN TERRACE; LLANGYFELACH ROAD, LANDORE, SWANSEA