- Nprn: 6230
- Summary: Brechfa Chapel was built in 1790, rebuilt in 1828 and enlarged in 1879. The present building is Simple Round-Headed in style, of the gable entry type and is substantially that of 1828.
RCAHMW, June 2009.
- Description: A chapel was built in 1790, rebuilt in 1828 and enlarged in 1879. Present building is simple round-headed style, gable entry type and is substantially that of 1828. Status (1998): chapel.
Main walls of chapel and vestry random stone rubble (excluding rear gable unrendered) walling rendered with cement plaster finish. Both roofs of timber framing clad with Welsh slate.
No upper gallery, was the intention to add this at a later date when the congregation and membership had increased. No window openings to the side elevations. Site visit I D Jones 16/11/1997.
- Built: Pre 1800 Source:Religious Census
- Built: 1790 Source:Datestone
- Date Of Chapel: 1879 Source:
- Rebuilt: 1879 Source:
- Rebuilt: 1828 Source:Datestone
- Enlarged: 1879 Source:Datestone
- £ 700: 1905 (RCCEORBWM)
- 6: 1851 (Religious Census)
- 170: 1851 (Religious Census)
- 150: 1851 Standing (Religious Census)
- 250: 1905 Sittings (RCCEORBWM)
- 80: 1905 Accomodation (RCCEORBWM)
- Chapel: 16/11/98 (Site visit - I D Jones)
- Disused: 2011 In disuse for the last 4 years (Oliver Strange)
- Welsh: 16/11/98 (Site visit - I D Jones)
- Monument Type: CHAPEL
- Form: Building
- Style: Simple Round-Headed
- Gallery: X
- Plan: Gable Entry
- Pulpit Position: Front wall
Key Details of this Chapel
Key Dates of this Chapel
Costs during this Chapels History
Capacities during this Chapels History
Changes of Status its History
The Languages of the Chapel during its History
Key Characteristics of this Chapel
Images from Coflein
- Grid Reference: SN52383014
- Address: BRECHFA